Roblox is hiring a
Senior Finance Manager, Product & Engineering
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Roblox is looking for a Senior Finance Manager, Product & Engineering reporting to the Senior Director, Finance. You will partner with the R&D, Infrastructure, and Trust & Safety teams across Product and Engineering. You will build Finance Planning & Analysis (FP&A) operations and lead strategic discussions with executive partners in the company through short-term planning, long-range forecasting, and budget management.
- Support financial cycles and collaborate with Accounting on month-end and quarter-end close, FP&A re-forecasts, and annual planning
- Lead cost management and operations discussions with executives using monthly budget versus actual reports
- Manage annual and long-range planning by understanding company-level impact of decisions on company P&L
- Partner with business teams to shape efficiencies
- Develop an understanding of our platform and cost structure to support our user base
- Focus on cost allocation and partnership work with assigned teams
- Manage relationships with C-suite, Product and Engineering VPs, and other executives
- Be the primary Finance contact for the business, balancing finance team interests with priorities in decision-making and leading strategic discussions
- Collaborate on financial data and reporting needs, ad-hoc analysis, and new projects that have a financial impact on the business
- Guide recurring metrics packages produced by the team; own commentary and analysis to surface important financial highlights
- Develop new metrics and identify areas of the business that may be at risk from a financial perspective and escalate those conversations
- Develop models that arise from our Infrastructure, Product and Engineering teams, such as costing exercises of new programs with operational models with a indirect impact on financials
- Manage direct reports and develop a team that can scale with the business and meet partner expectations
- Collaborate with the other pods (Business Operations and Accounting teams) to develop cohesive financial plans (such as annual operating plan and mid-year forecasts)
- Partner with peers to develop consistency in team management with process improvements and engagement in planning and operations
- Bachelor's degree with major in economics or quantitative field (finance, accounting, math or science) or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in a finance-related or similar business role, prior experience in a public company
- Proficiency in Excel in order to maintain complex spreadsheets and modeling
- Experience with Business Intelligence or analytics tools (Structured Query Language, Anaplan or Tableau)
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Google Slides
- Technical knowledge of datacenter and infrastructure networking is helpful
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.