Roblox is hiring a
Senior Frontend Lua / C++ Application Software Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the Role:
As a Senior Frontend Lua/C++ Engineer on the Subscriptions team, you will promote the innovation of commerce products in the metaverse. You will use multiple full stack development languages to create extensible and scalable UI components and tools within the Roblox Platform. These tools will help Roblox developers customize the economic activity for their games, including subscriptions, virtual purchasing and real-money transactions.
- Build the best features used by hundreds of millions of users.
- Partner with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision.
- Report directly into the Hiring Manager
- Write unit, integration, and automated UI tests.
- Take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycle.
- 6+ years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years of experience in mobile/web application development.
- Plus if you have experience with Lua or other game development experience
- A Technical Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical solutions. Your technical expertise influences product direction.
- Versatile: You have a breadth and depth of expertise, and you are comfortable with several languages and technologies already; you are fungible in any situation. You can execute on goals, and take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems.
- Analytical: Excited to investigate large, ambiguous problems, and measure the problems and the solutions.
- User Oriented: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution.
- Team-oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.