Roblox is hiring a
Senior Full Stack Engineer - Creator Music
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As the Senior Software Engineer for the Music pod within the Creator Content Group you will help us create a global platform the world has never seen before, ushering in a new category of human co-experience from live streaming, concerts (beyond internally co-ordinated concerts) to eventually wanting to offer music production APIs.
You and your team will be in charge of the design, end-to-end architecture, implementation and delivery of a platform for the community to discover and create music.
- Report to the Senior Engineering Manager of Creator Content Music.
- Enable rich presentation of the breadth of music content including advanced automatic ML-based tagging and feature discovery.
- Work with your product and policy partners to determine the roadmap and lead project execution.
- Work with other engineering teams and with the broader Content team to build technical systems.
- Experience: 6+ Years of experience in building critically acclaimed consumer applications that impact millions of users' lives.
- Technical ability: Expertise in building scalable backend distributed systems. You have worked with containerized backend microservices.
- Product focused: You have experience working with cross-functional teams to build backends to support consumer-facing products. Experience involving user-generated content.
- An outstanding software engineer with 6+ years shipping full-stack software.
- You are experienced with some of the technologies in our stack like C#, TypeScript, React, and CSS.
- Motivated to complete projects, take ownership of setting and clarifying product requirements, and build features from end-to-end.
- You relish the challenge of building a unified, powerful technical platform that can be leveraged for evolving requirements without needing major refactors.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.