Posted Aug 25
Sandbox VR is hiring a
Senior Gameplay Programmer
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. When guests step into one of our stores, our full-body motion tracking gear and Hollywood motion capture cameras make them the stars of their own movies. Groups freely roam our large-open “holodecks” together, relying on each other to succeed in social experiences. Whether it’s venturing into space, battling on the high seas, or surviving a zombie apocalypse, our experiences take our guests on a journey they won’t forget!
Since launching in 2017, we’ve become the location-based VR industry leader. As we continue to expand globally, there’s never been a better time to join the Sandbox VR team. We take pride in the relationships we are building within our communities by providing world-class experiences for our guests and our employees. Here, we value humility and have built a collaborative environment, ensuring that our guests, and our teammates all win collectively. If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love you to join us, as we build the future of entertainment.
What You'll be Doing:
- Work to implement game mechanics and AI behaviors for our compelling 6-person multiplayer experiences & provide mentorship to other programmers
- Consistently push the limits of the Unity game engine to maximize the quality of each VR experience.
- Keep up with the latest features and optimization techniques and decide if, when, and how to incorporate them.
- Find or develop tools and processes to make the development process more efficient.
- Actively contribute to creative maintainable code that can be reused across experiences.
- Own key areas of the experience from technical perspective
- Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping to develop features, all while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made.
- Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features.
- Fix bugs in existing gameplay systems as required.
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the VR experience’s production and development processes. Write robust, maintainable code.
What We're Looking for:
- You've been a software or feature group team lead and can share your philosophy of leadership as well as specific examples of where you've put that philosophy into action.
- Exceptional C# programming skills with at least 5 years of software programming experience.
- You must also have significant experience in programming with the Unity engine.
- You have a proven track record, have shipped at least 2 commercial games (PC or Console preferred) and have been involved in each step of the development process from concept stage all the way through to the final release.
- You can share awesome stories of your incredible successes or crushing failures and what you learned from each experience.
- You play video games very frequently and have a strong understanding of current gaming trends and popular games releases.
- It’s a big plus for us if you have your own VR headset and regularly play VR games.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.