Roblox is hiring a
Senior Machine Learning Engineer - Economy Fraud
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Roblox is a high-growth, unique product environment. Reporting to the Economy Fraud Engineering Lead, You will be developing anti-fraud and abuse solutions for web, mobile, and 3D environments. This high impact work and your innovation is critical for the well-being of our community and to the future of our company. We aim for our users to have peace of mind that their communities and transactions are protected. Our defenses also protect our company's rapid expansion and safeguard billions in revenue. Roblox's virtual marketplace handles over 4 million transactions a day, and enables our top developers to make millions of dollars a year.
Why Economy Fraud?
As an Economy Fraud engineer, you defend Roblox from all types of fraud, including purchasing and selling virtual items, real-time bidding of advertising slots, and payment fraud.
Our team's challenges are not just regular day-to-day technical challenges. Fraud and abuse approaches need to shift over time, depending on the current behaviors of fraudsters. As an Economy Fraud ML engineer, you will be in a data-driven environment developing both classical and novel approaches to detect and prevent this bad behavior.
- Build, deploy, maintain and monitor high-scale ML solutions while working closely with product engineers and infra engineers.
- Implement models, improve infrastructure, build visualizations, perform data analysis, forecast fraud scenarios, and assist fraud investigations.
- Collaborate with generalist backend engineers, data scientists, product, and operations.
- Build and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution.
- Ensure that our systems are scalable, reliable, and extensible.
- 4+ years of professional experience building and working on end-to-end ML systems, including data analysis, ML modeling and data pipelines.
- Domain experience in fraud, abuse, risk, security, or trust & safety is a plus, but not required.
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through implementation and A/B testing, while being empathetic with.
- Ability to think through system interactions and fraudster behaviors.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in computer science, engineering, mathematics, machine learning, (computational) physics, statistics, or some other quantitative field.
- A Technical Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical solutions. Your technical expertise influences product direction.
- Versatile: You have a breadth and depth of expertise, and you are comfortable with several languages and technologies already; you are fungible in any situation. You can execute on goals, and take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems.
- Analytical: Excited to investigate large, ambiguous problems, and measure the problems and the solutions.
- User Oriented: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution.
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.