Roblox is hiring a
Senior Manager - Performance and Capacity
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Infra Foundation Capacity team provides Roblox with efficient capacity that can scale with Roblox’s growth while supporting emerging initiatives and special events.
Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with engineers across Roblox to design, build, and maintain our serving fleet. You will work on projects at every pipeline stage, improving Roblox engineering quality, velocity, and happiness.
You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Foundation.
This role is based in our San Mateo HQ office (on-site).
This is a high-impact position, critical to supporting our engineering teams as we scale our platforms to handle the demands of our targeted one billion monthly users. You will work with senior leads across Roblox to:
- Contribute to building vision and strategy for Roblox's Capacity and Demand Engineering, enabling high performance and efficient use of our resources
- Drive organizational change
- Grow the team by recruiting experienced engineers
- Lead a world-class team of capacity planning and tooling engineers
- Support and grow members of the team
- Lead infrastructure efforts in our cross-company Cost to Serve initiative
- Be part of the leadership team and help shape the direction and priorities
- Ensure resiliency to maintain services in the space of failure
- A strategic thought leader with experience leading engineering teams focused on improving quality, velocity, and customer happiness
- Passionate about building products that shape cultures and make others' lives better, continuously championing engineering excellence across the company
- An outstanding team builder who builds diverse and inclusive teams
- Experienced, with 10+ years in an engineering management role, 3+ years in a Senior leadership role (team size 10+), and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- A great partner who can sense the pulse of a company by working with Infrastructure peers, internal customers, partners, and executives.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual hourly rate could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Please note that not all benefits shown below are applicable to internship opportunities.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.