Roblox is hiring a
Senior Manager, Public Policy and State Strategy
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As Senior Manager, Public Policy and US State Strategy, you will report to the Director of U.S. Public Policy and State Strategy developing an engagement strategy for the U.S States. You will help build relationships and promote an environment that best positions Roblox for the future across the U.S. and with our partners globally. You will work internally and externally with a mastery of Roblox's policies and philosophies to advocate firstly on behalf of the Roblox community, and also on behalf of our product and engineering teams and its business.
- Develop relationships with state policymakers and political figures
- Identify and analyze policy issues affecting Roblox in the U.S. States
- Develop strategies for engaging with state policymakers around issues important to Roblox
- Assist the wider public policy team on ongoing projects
- Advise Roblox team members on public policy matters as inputs to the development of our products and business operations
- Articulate our public policy positions in briefing papers and consultation responses
- Communicate with external stakeholders on behalf of Roblox on public policy topics
- Be supported in your efforts to maintain both a work and personal life, to build your career, and encouraged to take on responsibilities and risks that help you grow in a way you feel good about
- Be able to travel frequently domestically
- Bachelor's degree in Policy, Law, Media, Science, Engineering, Technology, or related field of study or equivalent
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience working with Republican policymakers
- 5+ years of experience at an Internet, e-commerce, social, or gaming company
- 3+ years of experience working with policymakers on both sides of the aisle
- Demonstrated knowledge of the State legislative process
- Experience working with State policymakers and child safety groups
- Experience working with teams consisting of business operations, financial and legal team members
- Experienced with program management and able to keep multiple concurrent deliverables moving forward
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.