Magic Leap is hiring a
Senior, Mechanical Engineer
Magic Leap is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to create new exciting products through design, prototype, manufacturing, testing and production release. The Senior Engineer takes part in R&D, creating architectural designs, provides technical leadership within the mechanical engineering organization and works closely with various teams including Industrial Design, Electrical Engineering, Reliability, Manufacturing & Suppliers to ensure the product meets its goals. Qualified candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on environment and will need to be familiar with the Product Life Cycle process.
- Gather and develop component level design requirements and specifications with stake-holders across all disciplines.
- Perform R&D to determine the optimal technology within product cost restraints.
- Design solutions for challenging technical issues or requirements as part of a team within the Mechanical Engineering Organization.
- Lead and hold engineering design reviews.
- Lead and drive design improvements to address reliability/usability issues as reported by customers.
- Work closely with Manufacturing, suppliers and outsource partners to lead the design and development of products and/or parts of products to meet mass production requirements.
- Collaborate, mentor, lead teammates and peers across disciplines to deliver new products.
- Lead and drive prototype builds, troubleshooting issues on the manufacturing lines.
- Work with the Project Management team to create product schedules and manage the design development accordingly.
- Position will require travel to supplier and manufacturing sites as permitted by CDC guidelines and recommendations.
- 7+ years of product development experience from cradle to grave.
- Experience designing electronic packaging is a must.
- Experience working with suppliers developing various part designs (Plastics, Sheet Metal, Die Cast, Thermoform, Packaging, Die Cuts) and a solid understanding of their manufacturing processes.
- Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting and root causing issues.
- Good communication and leadership skills to facilitate design discussions and reviews across the organization, suppliers and design partners.
- Proficient with 3D CAD design using Creo or Solidworks. (Master Modeling, Surfacing, Sheet Metal, & Drawing recommended)
- Hands-on experience building and testing prototypes in a team environment
- Familiar with Optical and Force measurement systems.
- Experience with GD&T, & FEA
- Familiar with mass production manufacturing processes and fixtures.
- Familiar with Reliability specifications MIL-STD, IEC, & UL
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering (M.S. preferred)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.