Google is hiring a
Senior Power Systems Engineer, Watches
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- 3 years of experience working with embedded operating systems.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience with wearable device system architecture and knowledge of the power impact of different components in the system.
- Experience using hardware measurement equipment such as power analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and software debug tools.
- Experience with data analysis using tools (e.g., Python, MATLAB, R, JMP, Minitab).
- Experience with battery powered Android-based devices, using ADB to interface to a device and the power data available within the Linux filesystem.
About the job
In this role, you will identify power components used to deliver exceptional performance and battery life for Fitbit platforms and products. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand the root cause for power regression and help optimize the power numbers for a device. You will work with all teams of the product development lifecycle, including prototype bring-up, verification, qualification, and failure analysis.
Fitbit’s wide range of innovative products, including smartwatches, trackers, and a smart scale, help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Coupled with our leading software and Fitbit Premium, our immersive platform experience delivers personalized experiences, insights, and guidance to support our users’ health and wellness. Fitbit’s mission has always been to help make everyone in the world healthier and now, as part of Google we’ll be able to make health even more accessible to everyone.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $157,000-$235,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Provide and maintain power models for a platform and ensure the model is accurate by closing the loop with real measurements.
- Define the power and clock tree configurations, and define different sleep states and what is needed when transitioning between them.
- Develop methods and tools for analyzing system dynamic behavior.
- Perform analysis to identify power/performance optimization opportunities.
- Measure micro amperes of current for different power rails within an embedded system.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.