Roblox is hiring a
Senior/Principal Product Designer, Creator
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Millions of Roblox creators depend on Studio, Roblox's creation engine, and Creator Hub, a unification of developer resources, to bring their creative vision to life. As the Principal Product Designer for Creator, you will define a multi-year vision to create innovative storytelling and design solutions to help creators gain a better understanding of their experiences. You know how to turn complex pieces of data into visualizations and actionable insights that are easy to comprehend. You'll be able to apply your expertise from similar problem spaces to make analytics on the platform engaging, accessible, and delightful. This is a high visibility role, responsible for defining the core experiences that promote engagement on our platform.
- Create outstanding user experiences for a diverse global audience through seamless cross-product journeys, engaging learning experiences, and delightful interactions that align with our mission.
- Manage end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features.
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give concise feedback on planning and product direction.
- Partner with the Engineering team to provide a high-quality implementation of delightful product experiences.
- Work in close collaboration with the Design leadership team to evolve design processes and foster a culture of inclusion, collaboration and innovation.
- You'll present your work to executive leadership.
- You will report to the Senior Design Manager
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX or product designer with several years operating in a lead capacity or at a principal level. You have a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Instructional Design, or equivalent work experience.
- An ability to solve problems and you produce creative solutions to big challenges across end-to-end learning journeys
- Managed design quality and cohesion across your area of expertise, while engaging with other designers to help them grow
- Excellent communication skills and display your ideas through journey maps, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
- A curiosity about product goals from both a company's and user's perspective, promoting a learning culture both within the Product Design team and the larger Roblox organization
- A desire to produce designs and patterns that are cohesive with the rest of Roblox's products.
- Motivation and always are expanding your skills by looking for new tools and techniques
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.