Roblox is hiring a
Senior/Principal Product Manager, Creator Services
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Our vision is to give Roblox creators services that help automate, grow and operate their experiences at scale. This will enable creators to get high quality updates to users faster by automating workflows or runtime experiences, and providing services to help operate and maintain experiences at scale.
Stepping into the Senior/Principal Product Manager role in Creator Services, you will drive the vision for the next generation of creator services, increasingly powered by machine learning, including transformer-based and NLP models. You'll lead the execution and creation of services that make experience creation on Roblox easy and even automated, with foundational components that offer primitives to other parts of Roblox.
With experience working with cloud infrastructure services, your mission is to iterate the features and new services that empower Roblox creators to build new experiences that no one has imagined before.
How far can this go? We don't know. We need you to help figure that out, so come join us!
- Experienced, with 5+ years of product management experience in cloud computing or cloud-centric product lines (e.g. compute, storage, FaaS and other infrastructure services), with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a similar technical field.
- Product experience shipping, updating and maintaining large scale cloud services and/or machine-learning centric cloud services.
- Demonstrated ability to think in platform and multi-sided ecosystem terms
- Desire to achieve the vision of Roblox's creator facing services that help creators easily automate and scale their experience to reach more users!
- Gain understanding of user needs and industry trends for cloud services through research.
- Help identify the features, APIs, and services that are beneficial for millions of creators.
- Write detailed product specifications for cloud services that can be referred by team members for design and implementation.
- Run the development of projects from ideation, planning, to launch by working with engineering partners, UX designers, marketing.
- Help align vision, roadmap, and needs across executives, engineers, designers, and product team members.
- Establish the Indicators for your products and improve the metrics through both incremental and revolutionary improvements.
- You will report to the Senior Director of Product, Creator Services.
- Grow your career with a rocket ship company 🚀
- Familiar with transformer architectures such as BERT, GPT, LLMs and their applications in NLP (e.g tokenization, named entity recognition and/or translation).
- Technical: Experienced in developer facing cloud services, you can engage with engineering beyond just product and user needs; you can help design scalable solutions and create detailed product specs.
- User centric: You always act users first and pursue the best UX possible, regardless whether the product is a simple UI or complicated API. You always put yourself in developers' shoes.
- You boldly go where no one has gone before, you are always keen to grow the limits.
- Data-driven: You are proficient in defining Indicators, doing analysis, and deriving applicable insights from data.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.