Roblox is hiring a
Senior / Principal Software Engineer, Ads Platform
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the Role:
In the position of Senior / Principal Backend Engineer for our Ads team, you will report to the engineering manager, and help shape the evolution of advertising products and systems within the metaverse. The role encompasses designing advertising experiences that engage tens of millions of users daily. Your responsibilities will include designing scalable backend services, processing vast amounts of data, and managing a real-time advertising decision server to foster and expand Roblox's advertising business. This role is a perfect fit for you if you are proficient in managing large-scale systems and data-driven applications and have a zeal for developing inspiring, easily maintainable, and reusable code. Join our accomplished and quickly growing team and make a significant impact at Roblox.
- Build the best products used by hundreds of millions of users.
- Develop backend services that scale to billions of products and transactions.
- Be a tech lead for the team and mentor junior engineers
- Organize and take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycle.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping products to production in backend domain
- 4+ years of experience working on large distributed systems
- Knowledgeable with REST, GRPC, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices
- Passion about working on large-scale, consumer-facing mobile and web applications
- Previous ads system development is a bonus but not required
- A Technical Leader: You have initiated and facilitated challenging technical solutions. Your technical expertise influences product direction. You foster a culture of technical excellence.
- Versatile: You're a jack of all trades and you are comfortable with several languages and technologies already; you are adaptable in any situation. You're resourceful, and take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems.
- Analytical: Excited to investigate large, ambiguous problems, and quantify the problems and the solutions.
- User Oriented: You always start with the needs of the user, whether they are Roblox users or internal engineers before architecting a solution.
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger. You foster a culture of technical excellence.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.