Roblox is hiring a
Senior/Principal Software Engineer, App Health
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
At App Health team we work on solutions to measure, monitor and improve health metrics of Roblox client applications on mobile and desktop platforms. As Senior Software Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for making the apps more performant, responsive and stable for millions of users who run it every day. You'll report to an Engineering Manager on the App Health team. #LI-Hybrid
- Work with numerous teams to define and execute a roadmap to improve performance and stability of Roblox client applications across all supported platforms
- Identify performance bottlenecks and partner with other teams on their resolution to make our applications run lightning fast on any device
- Improve performance telemetry to detect and efficiently resolve performance regressions
- Promote best development and testing practices to maintain stability and performance of the application
- Self-organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle
- 5+ years of experience working on complex consumer applications for Android, iOS, macOS or Windows
- Experience in performance monitoring, profiling and optimization
- Proficiency in modern C++, multithreaded, asynchronous and system programming
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.