Roblox is hiring a
Senior / Principal Software Engineer, Avatar Core Services
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the Role:
As a Senior / Principal Backend Engineer on the Avatar Core Services team, you will lead engineering efforts that scale Roblox Avatars and build the backend that delivers customizable avatars to numerous platforms and devices.
The team designs all backend services for Avatars on the Roblox Platform, builds the architecture to increase scale, avatar quality, and functionality and creates new services that make developers more efficient and productive.
With over 66 million daily active users (and growing), we are looking for an experienced engineer to join us that's passionate about designing and building scalable distributed systems.
- Build the backend that delivers customizable avatars to multiple platforms & devices
- Create new services from scratch using micro-service architecture that contributes to company revenue and affects millions of users globally
- Work with other avatar teams to build new services crucial for both increasing avatar quality and improving client-side runtime performance
- Support our Avatar in production, sharing the on-call rotation with your team colleagues
- Write high-quality, performant code, and refactor and improve our existing codebase
- Improve system reliability, performance, and test coverage
- Report to an Engineering Manager on our Avatar Core Services Team.
- Lead engineering efforts to grow backend system to handle a large number of concurrent users
- Break down product requirements into iterative deliverable stages with experience of successful execution
- A mentor and tech lead that has helped team members to grow their technical depth
- An expert in SQL database scalability and optimization
- An experienced backend engineer with 3+ years of work experience
- A Computer-Science graduate or MS graduate
- Driven and Creative
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.