Roblox is hiring a
Senior/Principal Software Engineer - Network Transport
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Engine Networking Team pulls the players together by ensuring the communication of the game state to all. You will help the players experience the game as a nearly synchronous world. Just as the nerves in our bodies coordinate our actions, the network system coordinates all the computers involved into a smooth experience for the players. You will work in all areas of the game platform in your quest for real-time communication of every part of Roblox.
- Amazing at systems-level C++ programming Fascinated by the actual work the CPU does when you use smart pointers, templates, virtual functions, and blocks of memory, both structured and raw.
- Knowledgeable about network protocols: You understand the messages exchanged during communication over these protocols
- Keen to understand each millisecond of the network exchanges: You know where the time goes and how to reduce the waste
- Multi-platform: You understand, across all platforms, what happens on the hardware-level when certain code is executed.
- You will work on a state-of-the-art user-space network stack, solving problems related to scale, performance, latency, and throughput in client/server environments.
- You will work on a very large multithreaded distributed system that connects millions of users worldwide.
- You will work on all the devices Roblox supports - from desktop clients to mobile phone clients to console clients
- You have 5+ years of industry experience
- Has strong C++ Skills
- Has Masters/Phd in Computer Science
- Has a deep understanding of Network Stack with a passion for working with open source.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.