Posted Oct 25
Street Smarts VR is hiring a
Senior Product Designer
SAN ANTONIO, TX
Street Smarts VR is a veteran-owned, dual-use technology platform that's revolutionizing tactical training through virtual reality and improving public safety outcomes. By integrating software, hardware, and training data, SSVR's solution is transforming the VR training landscape.
Across four continents, 10,000 users across dozens of US military and police departments currently train with SSVR - and that's a tiny fraction of the 5 million first responders in the US who carry weapons and for whom training is not just a requirement but a moral imperative. SSVR is forecasting rapid growth over the coming years in both state and local law enforcement as well as all 4 branches of the US Military.
At Street Smarts VR, we understand that military and first responders consistently operate in high stress, high consequence environments. We’ve lived it. So by leveraging virtual reality and real-world data sources, we’ve built a fully immersive platform that conditions users to the real life stressors they will face in the field.
As the first designer on our team, you will lead the design of our immersive training platform, ensuring that our users— military personnel and first responders—experience intuitive, effective, and transformative training. This role is paramount to our commitment to improving public safety outcomes and aiding those who operate in high-stress environments.
This role reports to our Head of Product.
What you can expect to work on:
- Product Design Leadership: Lead and own the complete design process, from ideation and conceptualization to execution. Design and optimize across desktop, web, and VR applications.
- User Research: Conduct user interviews, usability testing, and gather feedback to inform design decisions.
- Collaborate Cross-Functionally: Work closely with the product, engineering, and sales teams to ensure a unified and user-centric design approach.
- Rapid Prototyping: Create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes to quickly iterate on designs.
- Visual Design: Ensure the product not only functions well but also appeals to our users and aligns with brand guidelines.
- Innovate: Stay updated and leverage the latest best practices in VR, AR, and other emerging technologies to enhance product design.
- Design System Development: Develop and maintain a scalable design system for consistency across the product.
- Data Visualization and Enterprise Solutions: Design and optimize tools for data visualization, especially dashboards tailored for enterprise leadership, to aid decision-making and provide insights.
- Mentorship: As the primary design expert, share your knowledge and insights to uplift the design acumen of both the product and engineering teams. Foster an environment of continuous learning and design appreciation, contributing to the professional growth of everyone involved.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in product design with a portfolio showcasing end-to-end design projects
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, or similar
- Experience or familiarity with designing data visualization tools, with a focus on enterprise dashboards and data representation
- Experience with user research methodologies and tools
- Solid understanding of interaction design principles
- Ability to address latent design needs, even when users can't articulate them explicitly
- Demonstrated ability to create intuitive interfaces for products that play a critical role in their industries, understanding the importance of reliability and user trust
- Experience in a law enforcement or military setting, or with designing training programs for these contexts
- Familiarity with weapon systems and their operation
- Proficiency working within immersive worlds and beyond 2D interfaces
- Experience with unique tracking and headset solutions in VR/AR environments
- Knowledge of 3D design and animation
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to help improve training for first responders and the communities they serve
- High growth opportunity within a startup culture
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Multiple healthcare plans to choose from
- Company-matched 401k program
- Opportunity to travel
- Remote or hybrid work environment, depending on proximity to an office
$100,000 - $150,000 a year
Street Smarts VR is open to interviewing candidates of varying levels of experience for this position. Salary range based on years of professional experience, relevancy of experience, technical proficiency, and local labor market.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employer
Street Smarts VR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.