Posted Aug 10
Inworld is hiring a
Senior Product Designer - USA
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is a developer platform for building AI characters. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) and add performance, configurable safety, knowledge, memory, narrative controls, multimodality, and more. We’re focused on enabling character-based interactions for immersive experiences like video games, brand activations, and training simulations.
Inworld uses advanced AI to build generative characters whose personalities, thoughts, memories, and behaviors are designed to mimic the deeply social nature of human interaction. Our platform lets you create characters with personality and contextual awareness to keep them in-world and on brand. Integrations make it easy for developers to deploy characters into immersive experiences, while scale and performance are optimized for real-time experiences.
Inworld AI is funded by top-tier investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Microsoft, and Founders Fund, and a team of all-star angels - corporate executives, top VC funds' partners, and industry veterans from Riot Games, Twitch, and Oculus.
• Ensure high-quality visual design with meticulous attention to detail, resulting in the creation of refined and captivating interfaces.
• Rapidly prototype and create Figma designs, incorporating thoughtful UX layouts and flows.
• Understand diverse user perspectives and design with inclusivity in mind.
• Utilize user data, analytics, and insights to inform design choices, ensuring that decisions align with user needs and behavior.
• Make informed tradeoffs to build initial versions while having a vision for future improvements.
• Foster effective communication and collaboration with product managers, engineers, and other stakeholders to align on design goals and project requirements.
• Impeccable taste in visual design. Asymmetrical white space and margins bother you more than you’d admit.
• Strong user empathy without bias. You’re able to put yourself into the shoes of our users - even those that might be very different from you.
• Strong visual communication. You’re comfortable jumping straight to Figma prototyping, laying out UX and flows with consideration for how the eye follows the screen.
• You’ve designed product experiences from scratch and know how to bring it to life working cross-functionally with product and engineering. Plus, if you’ve done so for a consumer tech company.
• You have strong product intuition and a knack for creating experiences that index on simplicity and clarity. At the same time, you’re willing to reconsider your initial intuition as you get more user data.
• You’re able to make near-term tradeoffs and shortcut traditional design processes to build “V1s,” but have a strong idea for what “V2, V5, V10" might look like.
• You’re excited about owning projects from start to finish.
• You’re passionate about gaming and AI.
Why you might be excited about Inworld:
• Lead design for cutting-edge technology in a critical juncture of time. We’re seeing tectonic shifts in AI and need someone excited to work on big problems.
• Design matters a lot to us. You won’t be fighting uphill battles to convince others that design matters. Shape our design culture from the ground up.
• As one of our early design members, you’ll play a large role in defining our culture as we 3x our team in the next year.
Why you might not be excited about us:
• Priorities may shift quickly. Often startups tackle ambiguous problems without clear-cut answers. While making calculated bets, we pivot as necessary based on what we’re seeing and hearing from users.
• We don’t have highly structured management (yet!). We don’t have the management overhead to provide direction every step of the way and are looking for someone who gets energized by being able to run with things.
Please provide a link to your portfolio showcasing your abilities in visual design, prototyping and product thinking.
In-office location: Mountain View, CA, United States.
Remote location: United States.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000 - $250,000. In addition to base pay, total compensation includes equity and benefits. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, level, and additional factors, including competencies, experience, and business needs. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.