Roblox is hiring a
Senior Product Manager, Communities
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
“The role requires you to be in San Mateo, CA office 3 days/week.” As a member of the Communities team, you'll be working with a close knit group of passionate builders on a mission to build products that enable anyone to start and grow a community on Roblox. As a team, we work across the Roblox branded applications as well as the standalone Roblox owned group communications application, Guilded. The role requires you to be in San Mateo, CA office 3 days/week.
- Be an advocate for the needs of community creators and their members.
- Build features across multiple areas of impact, such as Growth, Engagement, and Trust & Safety.
- Collaborate with Design and Engineering to imagine and implement these new features.
- Prioritize features on these new platforms, balancing product strategy, company vision, pure innovation, technical feasibility, and business metrics.
- Collaborate with other groups at Roblox to ensure that community creation and membership is represented in every step of the Roblox journey.
- Work with engineering to build a compelling developer platform to extend the potential of Roblox Communities
- Help invent the future. You'll collaborate with all groups at Roblox to help build and expand the reach of the future!
- 5+ years of Product Management experience shipping high quality, delightful consumer apps, specifically communications and community products.
- Exceptional knowledge and passion for using communication and community building products. This is non-negotiable as we believe that a passion for this space is critical to influence it.
- Interdisciplinary experience. In addition to the standard product functions of design and engineering, you have experience working within a multidimensional environment including analytics, business development, communications/PR, marketing, and third-party distribution partners.
- Collaborative creativity. You can bring different stakeholders and their ideas together to create innovative products.
- Skills to convey complex ideas through written, visual, and verbal communication, always focusing on the reasons behind everything you do. Those skills transition from the detailed and technical for specs to the inspirational for strategic presentations.
- Spirit of an Entrepreneur with an ability to contribute to product design, project management and technical ideas.
- Skills to execute in a growing environment, with competing resources and priorities, through the product life cycle from planning and development, through launch.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.