Niantic is hiring a
Senior Product Marketing Manager, Pokémon GO
As a live service product, the sun never sets on Pokémon GO. Whether it’s an in-game event, an in-person event, a GO Battle League season, a new legendary Pokémon in Raid Battles, or a Team GO Rocket takeover, there’s always something happening for Trainers to enjoy.
Niantic is looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help manage the marketing communications and planning around all of the live game components of Pokémon GO in Japan. The ideal candidate has an existing passion for the product and is able to juggle multiple responsibilities while meeting tight deadlines. In this role, you will work closely with various cross-functional teams to execute on strategies and tactics aimed at growing Pokémon GO’s player base in Japan while keeping existing Trainers informed and engaged.
This role requires close coordination and collaboration with The Pokemon Company in Tokyo, and fluency in Japanese is required. As this is a global product, you will need to collaborate with teammates from around the world to ensure consistency and accuracy across all regions for any marketing initiative - as such, business proficiency in English is also a requirement.
- Oversee go-to-market execution for all live game marketing campaigns (e.g. Adventure Week, GBL season changes, Community Day, Key Tentpole, Features, etc.).
- Supervise the local content and communication delivered to our players
- Project manage all LiveOps plans with Product, Game Design, and Marketing teams to ensure timely and accurate communications are published globally.
- Collaborate with the Community & Social team to identify and produce evergreen marketing content
- Manage and work with a cross-functional team on co-marketing partnership opportunities within Pokémon GO.
- Work with external partners to secure approvals for all live game initiatives and comms.
- Define and execute go-to-market, engagement & retention strategies in close coordination with both fellow marketing colleagues (i.e., Community Management, Social, CRM/Direct Marketing/Performance Marketing team) and other cross-functional colleagues such as Product Management, Business Development, Operations, Legal and PR.
- Handle relationships with key business partners and drive global alignment on major marketing initiatives locally.
- Grow the market. Suggest any improvements or revised local marketing strategies whenever necessary.
- Manage the campaign marketing budget. Conduct return on investment analyses on all marketing campaigns and apply takeaways to future programs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 3 days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- 8 to 10 years of experience in marketing, ideally for a live service product, and handling tasks including:
- Development on campaign strategy and management including creative development, agency selection, campaign tracking and optimization, working closely with cross-functional teams in developing media strategy and explore potential partnerships.
- Online data measurement and analysis of products and customers.
- Proven capacity for developing and understanding strategy while delivering of flawless execution.
- Strong sense of ownership and champion of the operational process
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and be able to communicate to local players in with right tone and manner.
- Knowledge in gaming industry and/or apps marketing, and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic and competitive position in the market.
- Fluent in Japanese, and business-proficient in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Intimate knowledge of Pokémon GO and the various existing features and events.
- Passion for building communities and connecting people in meaningful ways.
- Proficiency in G Suite a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.