Roblox is hiring a
Senior Release Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Release Engineer, you will develop mission-critical build and release tools for the Roblox Game Engine Team. Using the tools that you and your team develop, you will support all phases of the software life-cycle - including multi-platform build and release systems, continuous integration, crash reporting, and test environments. If you have experience delivering productivity and efficiency with state of the art development tools, you'll be right at home within our-experienced and growing Client and Game Engine Development Team.
- Design and develop automation tools for our production release process - delivering gameplay to millions of concurrent players
- Maintain build and release tools
- Integrate quality metrics and tools
- Customize our continuous integration system to work with a growing team
- Improve integration between a version control, build, and incident tracking tools
- Collaborate with the team to improve overall build process reliability and scalability
- Upgrade, and maintain current production deployment systems
- Provide ongoing support for the code development lifecycle
- Experience: You have 3+ years of experience building build and releasing engineering tools for engineering teams of 15 or more
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or similar
- Familiar with programming languages such as Python, C#, C++; and scripting languages including Bash, TypeScript, and PowerShell
- Proficient in continuous integration, and multi-platform development environments. We support development on multiple mobile and desktop environments.
- Familiar with configuration management and CI tools like team city, GitHub Actions, or Jenkins
- Improve full-cycle engineering development pipelines.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.