Samsung Research America is hiring a
Senior Researcher, Large Foundation Model
The Samsung AI Center (SAIC) within Samsung Research America (SRA) leads at the forefront of innovation in creating intelligent and interactive machines building upon an ecosystem that is user-centric rather than device-centric. The success of AI will depend on how well devices understand their users – and how well devices empower users. SAIC takes on grand scientific and engineering challenges in machine intelligence.
The AI center at Samsung Research America (SRA), located in Mountain View, CA, is looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated researcher/engineer. We are looking for highly skilled and motivated Researchers/Engineers to join our team and contribute to the development of our future large foundation models. You will be involved in very promising team projects with talented people at Samsung. You will benefit a lot by working in a fun and creative environment. The AI research center is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have influence on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
- Conduct cutting-edge research and development of large foundation models for future, including model design, efficient model training, instruction tuning, prompt engineering, and related topics.
- Conduct cutting-edge research for improving large foundational models, including enhancing the action planning capabilities, expansion to multimodality and other domains.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, engineers, and domain experts to understand requirements, develop prototypes, and deliver robust solutions.
- Conduct thorough evaluations and analysis of model performance, identify areas for improvement, and propose innovative solutions to enhance the overall quality and capabilities of large language models.
- Generate creative solutions (patents) and publish research results in top conferences (papers).
- D. degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field is required or equivalent combination of education, training
- 2-5+ years of AI related work experience including research, software engineering, system engineering, New grad Ph.D, also being considered
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Expertise in LLM alignment, instruction tuning, vicuna tuning, RLHF
- Expertise in neural network architectures, Transformer models, attention mechanisms, and decoder-only generative models
- Experience with large multimodal foundation model, such as vision and language, audio and language
- Experience with action planning techniques and the ability to apply them to large foundation models is a big plus
- Experience with efficient large model training, including LoRA, Adapter, is a big plus
- Proficiency in deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar, and strong hands-on experience with large language models (e.g., GPT, LLaMA, MPT)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail and a passion for pushing the boundaries of AI capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex concepts and research findings in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced research and development environment
- Proven track record of research/publications on machine learning and artificial intelligence field (NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI, ACL, EMNLP, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.