Samsung Research America is hiring a
Senior Researcher - On-Device Machine Learning
The Samsung AI Center (SAIC) within Samsung Research America (SRA) leads at the forefront of innovation in creating intelligent and interactive machines building upon an ecosystem that is user-centric rather than device-centric. The success of AI will depend on how well devices understand their users – and how well devices empower users. SAIC takes on grand scientific and engineering challenges in machine intelligence.
We are looking for an outstanding and highly self-motivated researcher/engineer with machine learning and deep learning background. You will work with a team of research scientists and engineers tackling real-world problems involving Samsung’s Artificial Intelligence initiatives and actively contributes to the international research community through scientific publications and presentations in major conferences and journals in research areas of Computer Vision, HCI, Contextual/multi-modal modeling, NLP, Speech Recognition, Dialogue, and Machine and Deep Learning. The SAIC is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to have influence on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
- Design, develop and implement novel efficient deep learning/machine learning algorithms at extremely low power for various applications including vision, audio, sensor data, etc.;
- Develop and implement efficient deep learning/machine learning models on small, low-powered devices like microcontrollers, IOT devices, etc.;
- Generate creative solutions (patents) and publish research results in top conferences (papers).
- Ph.D in Computer Science, EE or a related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education, training, or equivalent 2-5 yrs professional "hands on" experience
- 2-5+ years of AI related work experience including research, software engineering, system engineering, New grad Ph.D, also being considered
- Experience in developing efficient image processing machine learning / deep learning models (e.g., image denoising, demosaicing, enhancement) to making camera image processing real time on device (e.g., Qualcomm Snapdragon DSP) with efficient run time memory, reduced computation and latency.
- Experience in efficient deep/machine learning model/architecture design for edge devices (e.g. MobileNet, ShuffleNet, Etc)
- Experience in digital signal processing and leveraging DSP to design lightweight deep/machine learning models
- Experience in model compression techniques (e.g., pruning, quantization, knowledge distillation, SVD, etc.)
- Experience in software-hardware codesign for efficient machine/deep learning
- Experience in developing and implementing deep/machine learning models on microcontrollers, IOT devices, etc.
- Experience in privacy-preserving learning (e.g., federated learning)
- Experience in developing and implementing efficient on-device ML/DL and TinyML model training pipeline
- Experience in platform-aware model optimization (e.g., low-precision training/inference)
- Experience in efficient hardware accelerator design for neural computing on mobile devices
- Proficiency in on-device ML and TinyML libraries (e.g., TensorFlow Lite, TensorFlow Lite for Microcontrollers, PyTorch Mobile, etc.)
- Proven track record of research/publications on machine learning and artificial intelligence field (NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, AAAI, IJCAI, CVPR, ACL, etc.)
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.