Roblox is hiring a
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
This role will report to the Manager of Product Reliability, in the infrastructure organization. The Reliability groups look to measure and maintain a high degree of Reliability across Roblox, spend Roblox's resources optimally, and accelerate our SWE partners by eliminating toil and finding opportunities to reduce time spent on infrastructure tasks.
- Work with your team and leadership to identify opportunities and projects to improve Reliability and Resilience within partner SWE teams.
- You'll build, automate and improve processes to improve engineering workflows and tools of all kinds. SRE at Roblox are not operations engineers; they are infra-oriented software engineers who code within the platform and tooling feature sets.
- Play an essential part in our company-wide SRE community, sitting together with your SRE partners and supporting their work and growth.
- Act as an oncall for all tools in the Reliability and resiliency space, which are usually written by SRE.
- Champion best practices and a data driven approach.
- Measure and own the concepts of Reliability and Resiliency at Roblox.
- Experience: you have at least 4 years of experience with at least 2 years in SRE/DevOps. and a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering
- Systems Engineering: you have experience building, and deploying distributed services and are excited to work with them at a global scale.
- Self-organization: you're excited about getting in front of complex problems, organizing your work to balance of pragmatism, impact, and best practices; overcoming emergent issues and contributing to long-running projects as a part of the team.
- Partnership: You know that partnering and good communications leads to the best and broadest impact, so you seek to have no silo walls in your work.
- Planning - Thinking ahead with tasks relating to projects and the bottom line are top priority for you.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.