Roblox is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer - Account Identity
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
At Roblox, we strive to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and the Safety organization's mission is to become the leader in civil immersive online communities. We systematically and proactively detect, remove, and prevent problematic content and behavior, and we make Roblox accounts secure and free from compromise. We cover a broad area of the tech spectrum, including machine learning, classifiers for 3D models, experimentation, automation, detection workflows, and AI-powered text filters. Aligned and partnering with product teams, we use this toolbelt to discover new opportunities, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build safety products, and measure the impact on our community of users and developers. In doing so, we keep Roblox safe, civil, and inclusive, and we foster positive relationships between people around the world.
WHY ACCOUNT IDENTITY?
Safety and Civility is Roblox's #1 priority and our mission is to keep Roblox secure from sophisticated bot attacks and bad actors. As a backend Senior Software Engineer on the Account Identity team, you will be part of the Repeat Offenders pod. You'll be focused on building highly scalable systems for real-time detection of alternate accounts and make it difficult for bad actors to reoffend on Roblox. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Account Identity Team.
- Help develop backend services across large distributed systems
- Solve complex graph problems across billions of edges
- Partner with ML counterparts to help design/develop repeat offenders detection in real time
- Manage end-to-end solutions from creation to deployment – including implementation, testing, deployment and observability
- Help establish next-generation standards on the backend stack for the team
- 4+ years of experience building highly-available and large-scale distributed backend services
- 4+ years of experience building and shipping products to production
- 4+ years of experience working on multi-person codebases, including open-source or personal projects
- Expertise in compiled languages such as Golang, Java or C#
- Familiarity with data pipelines and ETL
- Interest in user identity, bot mitigation or security
- Versatile: You are proficient in several programming languages and technologies. You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems
- An Owner: You can balance contributions to multiple projects
- Analytical: Excited to investigate large, ambiguous problems, and measure the problems and the solutions.
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.