Roblox is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer - Continuous Deployment Platform
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
The Engineering Efficiency team at Roblox provides a golden path of intuitive tools and services helping every engineer at the company build, test, and ship world-class software. As a Continuous Deployment Platform Senior Software Engineer, you will build the CD platform to allow Roblox to grow with reliability while improving our release velocity. If you are customer-focused and looking for an environment to challenge you, you'll be right at home within our experienced and expanding Engineering team.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in deploying common industry build/test/CICD technology
- Passionate about the engineering experience and productivity, and will be an advocate across engineering for the importance of CD practices to that experience
- A programmer, having built tools using two or more languages (Go, Rust, C#, Python, C++, …)
- Customer-focused, you enjoy the challenge of working with your customers to establish outstanding solutions that solve their toughest problems
- A team player, you work with and inspire others around you, and you are comfortable working with people in any situation
- Have built tools at scale
- Infrastructure and CD experience is a plus
- Experienced, with 4+ years as an software engineer
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- Develop our CD platform, tools, and infrastructure to meet the requirements of our engineering teams
- Identify essential problems and prevent them from reoccurring by root cause analysis and automation
- Create, influence, and improve our CD tooling, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure we can achieve velocity, scalability and high reliability
- Develop and share best practices with our engineering teams to improve automation and efficiency
- Work with a global team of engineers who are building groundbreaking technology to achieve the Metaverse
- You will report to Director of Continuous Deployment
- A BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) + at least 4 years work experience
- Designed, built, shipped, monitored, and supported a tool or system used by other engineers at Roblox scale (1000+ engineers)
- Researched, proposed, and implemented a new technology or process with measurable positive impact
- Experience working with common cloud technologies
- Experience with Docker, Containers, and CD Platforms
- Familiarity with Hashi Corp and Kubernetes is a plus
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.