Rec Room is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer, Cross Platform
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for performance optimization and building complex systems to join our Cross Platform team. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining significant portions of our core game systems, while driving improvements to the game client's overall technical quality.
If you're interested in performance/optimization for games, debugging complex and challenging problems, working on critical systems that the rest of the product is built on, or working directly with a variety of types of hardware, then the Cross-Platform team could be for you!
- Design, build, implement, and maintain significant portions of our core game systems across multiple platforms.
- Work autonomously to solve technical design and development problems across the team.
- Contribute creatively by being involved in the design process and proactively prototyping new ideas and solutions.
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players.
- 5+ years of professional interactive 3D software or games development experience
- Experience shipping games to various platforms such as consoles, PC, mobile, or VR.
- Strong problem-solving and algorithm development skills
- Experience with rendering, memory, or performance optimization
- Experience debugging complex, multi-threaded systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in networking and multiplayer concepts
- Fluency in C#
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience with modern gaming consoles and/or mobile game development
- Experience developing for multiple hardware platforms
- Experience with and passion for design
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec Room values work-life balance by providing unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture. We work hard to be a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org. Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.