Google is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Systems, Platforms and Frameworks
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 3 years of experience testing, maintaining, or launching software products, and 1 year of experience with software design and architecture.
- Experience writing C/C++ code on Embedded Linux, RTOS, BareMetal.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 1 year of experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with Machine Learning runtime environments on embedded systems.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Technology Directions Office (TDO) Sensor Intelligence team focuses on efficient processing of sensor data to generate and package context tokens on low power compute nodes.
As a Senior Software Engineer in this team, you will work with a small, cross-functional team of embedded, machine learning, and mobile Software Engineers on sensor-based applications, optimizing on-device machine learning runtime environments and designing and implementing distributed computing runtime environments to take advantage of various hardware accelerators.
The Google Augmented Reality team is a diverse group of experts tasked with building the foundations for great immersive computing and building helpful, delightful user experiences. We're focused on making immersive computing accessible to billions of people through mobile devices, and our scope continues to grow and evolve.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $157,000-$235,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop and optimize embedded systems software features and integrate with mobile applications and/or cloud backends.
- Develop bootloaders, device drivers, and middleware for sensors, wireless interfaces, storage devices, filesystems, etc.
- Optimize runtime environments for on-device ML model execution and perform board bring-up of prototype hardware.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Contribute to existing documentation or educational content and adapt content based on product/program updates and user feedback.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.