Roblox is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer - Engineering Efficiency Reliability
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Engineering Efficiency is building out the tooling platform that will enable our excellent engineering teams to continually modernize and improve the Roblox platform, which supports the rapidly growing universe of content developers working to expand the Metaverse.
Our north star is to make engineering at Roblox "Fast, Safe and Easy". These are high impact positions, supporting our engineering team as we expand the platform to handle the demands of our targeted one billion monthly users. Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with engineers across Roblox to provide the progressive deployment tools and infrastructure they need. Your work will ensure that every engineering team at Roblox has the tools they need to safely and automatically release software with high quality and velocity. This is an exciting time at Roblox, we are growing, and you will be a founding member of the new team.
This is a greenfield opportunity, as we work to modernize Roblox's development pipeline. If you are customer-focused and looking for an environment to challenge you, you'll be right at home within our experienced and expanding Engineering team. As a Software Engineer as part of Engineering Efficiency Reliability & Infra, you will help provide highly scalable, resilient, and performant systems that makes Roblox engineering tick.
- Design, develop, and improve multi-cloud services that support the Roblox Engineering pipeline.
- Set up, administer and advocate for 3rd party and open source development tools at scale such as GitHub Enterprise, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence, and others
- Identify important problems and prevent them from reoccurring by root cause analysis and automation.
- Develop and share best practices with our engineering teams to improve automation and efficiency.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for developer applications
- Build the foundation for a global team of engineers who are building groundbreaking technology to create the Metaverse
- Experienced with 5+ years experience as a software engineer focused in SRE/DevOps, and have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field
- A fluent programmer in at least one common language (C#, Python, Java, Go,...) and able to coach others
- Experienced in deploying enterprise applications to cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) using common automation tools (Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef, Ansible)
- Experienced in troubleshooting, identifying areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.