Roblox is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer - Frameworks and Tooling
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Engineering Efficiency Tools and Infrastructure team provides tools and services to enable engineers to develop and test software that can be delivered to production quickly and efficiently while maintaining an exceptional level of quality.
Our customers are our coworkers, and you will work with engineers across Roblox to design build and maintain the tools and test infrastructure they need. You will work on projects at every stage of the pipeline, improving the CI experience all the way through to load testing the deployment in production.
As a team, we believe in fast iteration and are biased toward action while keeping the long view. We have numerous exciting projects ahead of us for the years to come, including but not limited to:
- Building entire integrated solutions for Roblox with regards to cross-service validation during CI/CD
- Building a platform for recommendations based on risk and coverage
- Design and developing innovative visualization tools.
- Building framework libraries and new services.
- Provide technical decision making and help guide the development team.
- Design software and code every day.
- Report into the Sr. Manager of Frameworks and Tools.
- Someone that has architected, designed and built a wide-array of tools and infrastructure
- Someone that can thrive in any environment, define problems, and come up with practical solutions.
- An expert in building software integrations and frameworks.
- Someone that has a good grasp of software architecture, technical leadership, and industry best practices
- A fluent programmer in at least one common language (Go (preferred), C#, Python, Java, ).
- A BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- At least 4 years professional work experience as a Software Engineer.
- Designed, built, shipped, monitored, and supported a tool or system used by other engineers at Roblox scale (1000+ engineers).
- Researched, proposed, and implemented a new technology or process with measurable positive impact.
- Building integrations with common 3rd party development tools, such as: GitHub, Perforce, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TeamCity, Artifactory, Nexus, NPM, Nuget, Grafana, Kibana
- Experience working with common cloud technologies: Hashistack (Nomad, Vault), Kubernetes, Docker
- Produced concise documentation, tutorials, or examples that were consumed by engineers.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.