Roblox is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack) - Bots and Spam
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Safety and Civility is Roblox's #1 priority and our mission is to keep Roblox secure from sophisticated bot attacks and bad actors. As a Senior Software Engineer (Fullstack) on the Account Integrity team, you will be part of Bots and Spam pod. This pod applies ML techniques and anomaly detection to mitigate malicious bot activity in near real-time. You will help us improve the Roblox experience by combating bad actors on the platform. The role will be 50/50 frontend / backend work. If you are an engineer who is passionate about solving hard problems and building a highly scalable, high impact platform, then this is the team for you. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Account Integrity Team.
- Help build suite of dynamic challenges for bot detection and mitigation
- Partner with ML counterparts to help develop the next generation bot identification system for Roblox.
- Manage end-to-end solutions from creation to deployment – including implementation, testing, deployment and observability
- Help establish next-generation standards on the frontend stack for the team
- 5+ years of experience working as full stack engineer
- 2+ years of experience in UI frameworks such as react or Angular
- 2+ years of experience in compiled languages such as Golang, Java or C#
- Familiarity with data pipelines and ETL
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Interest in user identity, bot mitigation or security
- Versatile: You are proficient in several programming languages and technologies. You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems
- An Owner: You can balance contributions to multiple projects
- A Fast Learner: You can ramp up quickly, which is necessary to understand and solve problems
- Team Oriented: You lift up your peers and find ways to make the team stronger
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.