Roblox is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer - Hybrid Cloud
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
The Hybrid Cloud (IHC) pod's mission is to enable Roblox InfraService and Service owners to securely integrate with all Clouds by enabling safe access in a self service manner built on the core principles of transparency and governance, by defining and maintaining rulesets using best practices with collaboration with Roblox's Security team, all the while enforcing strong attribution and accountability.
- Maintain large scale AWS cloud deployments supporting Roblox game structure
- Architect AWS accounts to satisfy requirements of Roblox teams in analytics, machine learning, and more.
- Arrange and coordinate direct connections between cloud services and on premise resources, primarily with Direct Connect in AWS.
- Develop and maintain edge and backbone network infrastructure solutions to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ to ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world.
- Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from re-occurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure the goal of scalability and high availability can be achieved.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for our critical infrastructure pieces around the globe.
- 3+ years of production level software development experience.
- Knowledge of Orchestration and enabling technologies like Hashicorp Nomad, Vault and Consul or Kubernetes
- The ability to use infrastructure as code tools such as Hashicorp Terraform or AWS CloudFormation
- Organizational competence in infrastructure using labeling, tagging and logical partitions to manage ever growing infrastructure
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.