Samsung Research America is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer, Immersive Audio/Video Development
Lab Summary: The Digital Media Solutions Lab at Samsung Research America is developing innovative and advanced core technologies related to video and audio systems.
Position Summary: Developing/Integrating Audio/Video Solutions architected by our Video Systems team.
- Develop Cinematic & HDR Content Player Development & Immersive Audio Processing Module/Plug-In Development.
- Quickly prototype new ideas/technologies to create proof of concept and demos (e.g. Develop new framework for Studio Demonstration).
- Analyze any available sources to find bugs and make enhancements in the code.
- Evaluate and recommend best software designs and architecture.
- Effectively communicate and support other global engineering teams.
- Responsible to deliver a commercial level of S/W quality.
- MS and/or PhD in ECE, CE, EE (Signal Processing) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 1+ years of experience in system level software development
- Solid C and C++ coding abilities (Note: Strong C++ skill is a MUST) Familiarity with Media Player
- Experience in Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Image Processing, and/or strong Publications
- Preferred Qualifications
- Familiar with Open Sources such as FFMPEG Familiar with Color Management & Video Processing Algorithm Excellent communication and organizational skills. Strong problem solving skills, proactive, and willing to take ownership
- Audio Signal Processing solution such as AVID Pro-Tools & plug-in development
- Object detection algorithm development without AI or low level boosting algorithm
- Development experience with video analyzer & player development
- Development experience using GPU Shader code development & optimization
- Development experience using OpenCL to optimize video algorithms
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.