Roblox is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer, Media QoE
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
- Familiar with C++ or similar programming language, and have 5+ years of professional experience. You own a BS in Computer Science, Masters and PhD are a definite plus.
- Experienced: well versed with pointers, templates, memory management, networking (TCP, UDP), client-server communication
- Experienced in Real-time Communication (RTC) Media latency and quality
- Platform know-how: you can jump with ease between Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, and other platforms
- Responsible: you build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thoughtful in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and careful in automated testing.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our end-users and game developers
- A team player: You know how to work with all participants to develop the best solutions. Create clear design specs, mentor junior engineers, and guide projects from beginning to end
- Familiarity with the challenges of working at high scale systems
- Experience with Lua
- Experience building games with Roblox Studio
As a Senior Software Engineer, media QoE, you will:
- Design, and maintain, scalable, and reliable software for our multimodal communication platform, including voice chat, 3D audio, and large-scale broadcast systems.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, product managers, and designers to define product requirements, create technical specifications, and lead project execution.
- Develop solutions to improve Voice Quality of Experience (QoE) for our users, ensuring low latency, high availability, and seamless integration with existing systems.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our software development processes, and best practices, with an emphasis on performance, and security.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.