Roblox is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer - Moderation Services
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
At Roblox, we strive to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and the Safety organization's mission is to become the leader in civil immersive online communities. We systematically and proactively detect, remove, and prevent problematic content and behavior, and we make Roblox accounts secure and free from compromise. We cover a broad area of the tech spectrum, including machine learning, classifiers for 3D models, experimentation, automation, detection workflows, and AI-powered text filters. Aligned and partnering with product teams, we use this toolbelt to discover new opportunities, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build safety products, and measure the impact on our community of users and developers. In doing so, we keep Roblox safe, civil, and inclusive, and we foster positive relationships between people around the world.
Why Moderation Services?
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Moderation Services Team, you will architect and grow the systems that enable the moderation of all content and interactions on Roblox. You will be a core part of a team that is growing our scale tenfold, increasing our platform capabilities, and reducing the time it takes any creator or team at Roblox to safeguard their feature or experience by several orders of magnitude (months to hours). Your work will help keep the experiences of over 300 million monthly active users at Roblox safe, civil, and delightful.
- Build large-scale distributed services and tools used by other teams to detect and address problematic content on Roblox. We are building the AWS for Safety.
- Work directly with other teams at Roblox to define and maintain their integration into the Roblox Safety Platform, using Safety best practices and guardrails.
- Design and implement the next generation of Appeals and Reversals for Roblox creators and users.
- Manage end-to-end solutions from creation to deployment – including implementation, testing, deployment and observability
- Report to the Engineering Manager of Moderation Platform Team.
- 4+ years of experience with scalable infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience in Golang/C++/C#/Java
- Experience with Automation at scale
- Experience with internal product/customer support (ie a "Platform Mindset"—other teams are your customer)
- An advocate: for Engineering Excellence committed to benchmarks, clean code, and efficient systems.
- A Collaborative Learner: constantly seeking knowledge and sharing insights with your team.
- A Joint Owner: trusting in teamwork and valuing collective achievements.
- Visionary: planning for the future and focusing on long-term solutions.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.