Roblox is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer, Storage Platform
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a (Sr.) Software Engineer for Storage Platform, you'll improve and run Roblox's storage platform by developing our large-scale KV store, Caching, Kafka and Object Storage - internal Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings.
- Have a role in designing and running our internal Infra-as-a-Service offerings on top of a container orchestrator platform
- Improve & scale our large distributed 24x7 services and features with urgency, cost efficiency, zero down time and high reliability
- Develop frameworks or tools to automate development, testing deployment and monitoring of important services
- Collaborate with partner teams, producing project work plans, measurable metrics, delivery milestones , rollout plan, oncall alerts and runbooks while using existing technology stack
- Give a high level of attention to create high-quality & reusable code , keep development without compromising site reliability
- Work with stakeholders to influence the strategy for the next generation of product features and system capabilities, identifying the best practical way to achieve impactful functionalities
- Improve Service level agreement of the offering services and end-end rollout time of our suite of software solutions
- Experienced in developing large-scale distributed systems handling billions of real-time requests per second. Knowledge in one or more following technologies: Caching(Redis), Kafka , KV store(CockroachDB), OLAP(ClickHouse), Object Storage system
- Experienced in building deployment pipelines on top of container orchestrators like Kubernetes or Nomad and service discovery systems like Consul
- 4+ years of experience with programming languages like Rust, Go, Java or C++
- Experienced in scripting and test automation abilities
- 3+ years of experience with telemetry stacks, like Grafana, Prometheus monitoring, AlertManager and Kibana
- BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.