Samsung Research America is hiring a
Senior Staff Software Engineer, Open Source, Matter
The Open-Source Group in Samsung Research leads the company’s activity in open source communities. Samsung’s open-source journey started almost two decades ago and we now have open source embedded in each and every product. IoT, Edge Computing, Cloud, Networking, AI, Kernel, Graphics are some of the current work areas and we keep adding new domains every year. The Open-Source Group is headed in Seoul and has 8 different locations around the globe that work collaboratively.
The IoT open-source software engineer will spend their time working as part of the Matter open source software development community to drive implementation of features and functionality that are aligned with Samsung’s IoT strategy.
- Contributing code to the Matter SDK to implement features required by Samsung products and services.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing code in the SDK as required to enable integration into commercial products.
- Working with/helping lead working groups and tiger teams within the Matter community.
- Communicating with the groups in Samsung that lead the Matter standardization and product integration to understand trends and new features. Providing implementation feedback to these groups.
- Keeping track of internal Matter related software development and identifying modules that can be contributed upstream to the open source software project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience with a strong understanding of IoT and smart home devices.
- Passion for gadgets, IoT and smart devices.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and experience or willingness to learn other languages.
- Low-level knowledge of network protocols like IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to communicate with teams and communities around the globe.
- Working knowledge of modern source control tools and processes (Git/GitHub).
- Active contribution to open-source software projects and working in open source communities.
- Experience with embedded software development.
- Self-motivation and proven ability to work independently.
- Experience implementing standard communication protocols such as Zigbee, Thread, BLE, etc.
- Familiarity with the Matter (formerly known as CHIP) initiative.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.