Magic Leap is hiring a
Senior, Systems Engineer, Verification and Validation
Magic Leap is seeking an experienced Systems engineer to join the Systems Engineering, Analysis, Verification, and Validation team. Our goal is to ensure we have ‘built the right system’, and ‘built the system right’ via system integration, verification and validation, and innovative evaluation and testing approaches. We are a multidisciplinary team, so this candidate should feel comfortable working alongside software, electrical, robotics, computer vision, and mechanical engineers. This engineer should be a self-starter with a knack for delivering efficient solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. The main focus of this role will be to develop hardware and software prototypes to test existing or new features of our products.
- Define and execute validation plans that ensure we have ‘built the right system or feature’, working with Product, Systems and other functions
- Define and execute verification plans that ensure that we have ‘built the system and features right’, working with Engineering, Systems and other functions
- Define and execute evaluation plans to capture and express the capabilities of the product under operation conditions (eg environmental and user behavior)
- Contribute to new product introduction, product sustainment and customer issue resolution, by deriving and executing validation, verification, analysis and testing actions
Involvement May Include:
- Work with key stakeholders to design and develop experimental systems that exercise and test the functionality of AR devices with complex human interfaces
- Hands-on interdisciplinary rapid prototyping of robotic systems, embedded electrical, optical, mechanical, sensor, control systems, and high-fidelity proof-of-concept test beds.
- Design and development of computer vision algorithms for validation and verification of complex mixed reality pipelines
- Identify and source equipment needed to measure sensor, display, optical, electrical, and mechanical properties of prototypes and demonstration units
- Specify automated hardware and software tests for key product functions
- Design and conduct experiments on prototypes and sub-systems and analyze data
- Proven experience in leading Verification and Validation initiatives
- Up to date with modern Systems Engineering methodologies and principles
- Strong background in test design and automation.
- Proven experience with Python, C++
- Proven experience with Computer Vision methodologies (including camera calibration and
- Proven experience in robotics and control systems
- Proven experience with electronic development and test equipment (debuggers, emulators, oscilloscopes, logic and spectrum analyzers, etc)
- Knowledgeable in electrical engineering (motor driver, motor controller, sensors)
- Knowledgeable in control theory
- Proficient with version control and build management tools
- Comfortable with Scrum
- Self-directed, energetic, proactive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer languages and systems
- Must have a large portfolio of hardware and software builds
- B.S in Robotics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering plus 5 years of professional experience
- M.S in Robotics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering plus 3 years of professional experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.