Three Space Lab is hiring a
Senior Technical Artist
We are math and physics geeks with an artsy side (dance, drawing, music), and we welcome people of any gender, race, ethnicity, color, ability, class, religion, culture, or nationality. We believe that working with people who have diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds enhances our ideas, enriches our lives as individuals and as a team, and is invaluable for understanding how we can best have a positive impact.
Three Space Lab is an early-stage startup developing cutting-edge XR (extended reality) products for real estate, AEC, education, and beyond. Our products and vision emerge from a decade of research on learning and collaboration at the MIT Media Lab. Our team is focused on the transformative potential for XR to accelerate understanding of complex ideas and facilitate communication and decision-making in multi-disciplinary teams.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Artist (minimum 3 years of industry experience, 5+ years is ideal) to join our design and product development teams. In this highly collaborative role, you'll work closely with our engineering team along with designers, artists, and architects (both internal and contractors). You'll be creating original 3D art and assets for our products, and building out an asset pipeline that leverages our in-house rendering technology.
We are a fully remote company based in the United States, with a diverse group of team members located in Boston, New York, San Antonio, and San Francisco/Oakland (among others!).
- Collaborate with designers, artists, architects, and engineers—both internal and contractors—to design and bring to life a shared artistic vision
- Collaboratively design and create original 3D art and assets adhering to internal visual branding and identity
- Help build, expand, and maintain an asset pipeline
- Study workflows and find opportunities for streamlining processes, tools development, and other capabilities
- In collaboration with the rest of the engineering team, develop new tools, processes, and automation for the asset pipeline
- Write and maintain technical documentation
- Support artists interacting with the asset pipeline
- Suggest new software + tools to incorporate into asset workflows
- Take advantage of custom rendering tech
- Quickly learn the limits and possibilities of custom rendering tech
- Collaborate with graphics and other engineers to identify new capabilities and directions for custom rendering development that enhance our artistic possibilities
- Bottom-line execution of final assets in Unity
- Enforce visual standards and target frame rates for complex environments
- Unity Editor scene preparation including mesh import, material setup, light setup including light probes and reflection probes, light baking
- Delegate and triage to meet deadlines
- Strong experience designing and creating 3D assets for real-time. Any software suite is fine (Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, etc. any is fine)
- Experience with rigging and animation techniques
- Nice to have: specific experience designing and working with architectural and furniture assets
- High attention to detail
- Great communication and team coordination skills. Ability to delegate, identify stakeholders, and proactively communicate for triage
- Fluency with Unity, including C# runtime scripting, editor tool development, animation systems, etc.
- Experience with Git
- Shader development experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of art and asset pipelines—direct experience with a production asset pipeline is highly beneficial
- Other relevant experience: Substance Suite (Painter or Designer), InstaLOD Studio or any integrations, NVIDIA OmniVerse, etc.
What We’ll Offer
- Our estimated base salary range for this position is $120,000-$180,000. The actual base salary for any offer will vary based on individual qualifications and market factors. The listed range above is a guideline, and the base salary for this role may be modified. In addition to salary, your compensation will include an equity package, reimbursement for health insurance costs, paid vacation time and sick leave, and retirement (401(k)) benefits.
At Three Space lab, we don't just accept difference—we celebrate and support it. Not only because it's the right thing to do, but because we draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to make Three Space Lab thrive. Three Space Lab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.