Samsung Research America is hiring a
SoC Architect - Fabric, System Cache and DRAM Controller
The Samsung SOC Lab vision provides innovative SoC architecture, bus / memory subsystem, multimedia subsystems and key IP blocks for future Samsung Galaxy products (Smartphones, tablets and future devices). We are defining the high performance SoC architecture development for various Galaxy device lineups. This lab collaborates with Samsung's strategic SoC partners, Samsung MX headquarter team, and key R&D teams around the globe to innovate and reinvent technology that will positively impact millions of people around the world via the Galaxy flagship products.
We are looking for a SOC Architect for Fabric, System Cache and DRAM Controller to build the development of Fabric, System Cache and DRAM Controller subsystem architecture in next generation SOCs. This is a highly visible hands on role that will contribute to Fabric, System cache and DRAM controller sub-system architecture, interface, performance and power tradeoffs.
- Identify and deliver Fabric, System cache and DRAM controller subsystem architecture proposals for products in new and existing markets
- Evaluate architecture proposal benefits in collaboration with team of SoC Architects and communicate the results across related engineering audiences (SW, HW, Architecture, Leadership)
- Perform high-level performance modeling/simulation and analysis of Fabric, System cache and DRAM controller features, applications, benchmarks, and complex uses cases
- Direct and orchestrate performance modeling, and studies to support inclusion of these features in the next generation “Fabric, System cache and DRAM controller” microarchitecture based on performance, area or power improvement
- Deliver architecture/microarchitecture proposals and specifications to the design team and articulate them effectively across audiences ranging from hardware & software engineers to architecture community peers, and to technology leadership
- Collaborate with silicon bring-up and product teams to verify and debug the proposal and its delivered performance
- Collaborate across teams to bring microarchitectural proposals to fruition across the SOC, Driver, OS, System through detailed documentations
- BSc, Masters or PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 8+ years of experience in SOC or ASIC design and architecture
- Prior direct experience (> 7 years) in Fabric, System Cache, DRAM controller Architecture or microarchitecture is required
- High proficiency in architecture analysis and performance modeling, ranging from simple analytical models to complex cycle accurate performance model and correlation, especially around fabric, system cache and DRAM controller
- Ability to leverage existing simulation capabilities [GEM5, FastSIM, Platform Architect] or create new simulation capabilities when necessary
- Detailed knowledge of ARM bus infrastructure (ACE/AXI/AHB), JEDEC standards
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.