Posted Aug 3
Inworld is hiring a
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) - Canada
Why Join Inworld
Inworld is a developer platform for building AI characters. We go beyond large language models (LLMs) and add performance, configurable safety, knowledge, memory, narrative controls, multimodality, and more. We’re focused on enabling character-based interactions for immersive experiences like video games, brand activations, and training simulations.
Inworld uses advanced AI to build generative characters whose personalities, thoughts, memories, and behaviors are designed to mimic the deeply social nature of human interaction. Our platform lets you create characters with personality and contextual awareness to keep them in-world and on brand. Integrations make it easy for developers to deploy characters into immersive experiences, while scale and performance are optimized for real-time experiences.
Inworld AI is funded by top-tier investors, including Kleiner Perkins, Intel, Microsoft, and Founders Fund, and a team of all-star angels - corporate executives, top VC funds' partners, and industry veterans from Riot Games, Twitch, and Oculus.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Software Development Engineer in Test, a Senior or higher level, to join our team. As SDET, you will be responsible for designing and implementing test automation frameworks, developing and executing manual and automated test scripts, and ensuring the overall quality of our product.
In This Role You Will
• Design, develop and maintain test tools and automation framework
• Plan, design, and implement complex test scenarios, including multi-user distributed automated testing
• Track performance metrics, optimize product verification and release processes
• Collaborate with cross functional teams, including engineering and product
• Conduct manual quality assurance testing and document any identified issues
What We’re Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in software development and test automation
• Be familiar with Node.js
• Experience with analyzing requirements, test planning and execution, manual and automated testing and reporting
• Experience with test automation frameworks and tools, e.g., Playwright, Cypress
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.