Samsung Research America is hiring a
Software Engineer, Android
Samsung KNOX™ (https://www.samsungknox.com/) is Samsung’s guarantee of security, and a secure device gives you the freedom to work and play how, where, and when you want. Samsung Knox consists of a highly secure platform built into Samsung devices and a set of solutions that leverage this platform. Whether you would like to keep your personal photos private, or remotely manage a batch of business smartphones, Knox has you covered.
Come join the Samsung KNOX team and help us define and develop the future core technologies for Samsung devices and services!
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join Samsung Knox Advanced R&D team. Your primary goal is to design, implement and deploy Knox application and service for Samsung Android devices used. Applicants playing key roles on developing various Android application components and delivering unique business value to our customers and partners.
- Design, develop, and deliver Android-based software features/products
- Maintain a high software quality with scalability, maintainability, extensibility, usability, and security
- Communicate with internal and/or external (global) teams to help plan and prioritize development
- Collaborate with UX designers and product managers to understand and refine the product requirements
- Work closely with QA to identify, debug and fix functionality/performance issues
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of industry experience on Android development; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Proven work experience in Android native development using Java/Kotlin
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and multi-threaded programming
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development process and tools such as JIRA/Gerrit
- Good understanding of Application Security concepts
- Can work independently and/or as a team player
- Good understanding of the Android framework/internals
- Knowledge and experience in Windows Hello, FIDO, WebAuthn, Passkey Authentication is a strong plus
- Experience with React, Spring Boot, and/or Node.js is a strong plus
- Knowledge and experience in hypervisor/Trustzone on ARM platform is a strong plus
- Knowledge and experience in Accessibility/Autofill/Biometric authentication on Android
- Experience with REST and JSON, third party libraries and APIs
- Experience with Firebase Cloud Messaging, Firebase Analytics & Firebase Performance
- Experience with MVVM and clean architecture design pattern
- Experience with Jetpack architecture components
- Experience with Android development using NDK (C/C++)
- Knowledge and experience in on-device machine learning, device-to-device communication, and/or applied cryptography is a strong plus
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.