Magic Leap is hiring a
Software Engineer, Cloud Backend
If you want to be part of a united team where everyone is empowered and trusted to make an impact, then Magic Leap could be the place for you. At Magic Leap you will have the freedom to explore innovative solutions and use your talents to solve real world problems. Working alongside industry experts, here you can grow your skills and play a part in amplifying human potential at the intersection of the physical and digital worlds. We know that successful change and progress are accelerated by diverse perspectives. As we shape our future, everyone's voice matters. Together, we can reimagine the world of work and, with our bold partners, make the impossible possible.
Job Description As a Software Engineer on the cloud team, you will be part of a team building cloud services to support Magic Leap devices and web-based applications. Our cloud engineers are responsible for their product(s) end to end. You will take requirements from our product team and: refine tasks, develop code, write tests, document, deploy, monitor and support.
- Work with team members in an agile environment.
- Participate in development planning and prioritization.
- Work with other teams to define integration points and contracts.
- Implement clean and well-commented code.
- Write tests that run in the deployment pipelines.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Create and maintain continuous integration processes.
- Implement and respond to system monitoring working with our SRE team.
- Must have 3+ years cloud platform experience such as: AWS, GCP or Kubernetes support environment
- Must have 3+ years of experience with programming skills in high level languages: Preferably GoLang or Typescript
- Must have 3+ years of experience with database technologies such as: MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Understanding of cloud architecture: scalability, reliability, isolation, IAM, etc.
- Understanding of containerization such as Docker.
- Understanding of queues and pubsub technologies.
- An understanding of basic networking protocols such as: HTTP, REST and gRPC
- Proficiency with Git (Nice to have)
Culture Based Qualifications
- Have a team first mentality
- Work well with others: giving feedback and taking feedback in a constructive manner
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.