Posted Aug 7
Magic Leap is hiring a
Software Engineer, Ecosystem Prototyping - Contractor
Job Description As a Software Engineer in the Ecosystem prototyping group, you will build applications to prove out concepts to demonstrate the value of Magic Leap's AR computing devices. These experimental apps will be used as internal and external demos, pre-sales tools, and quantitative studies. Prototype applications from this group may point the way to new categories of enterprise AR solutions and their respective markets.In this role, you will build quickly and in a collaborative, iterative fashion. Stakeholders within the ecosystem and commercial teams will partner with you to define deliverables and acceptance criteria. The ideal candidate has 2-5+ years of experience developing and shipping software in the interactive real-time immersive (AR / VR / MR) solutions and/or the games industries. In addition, we’re interested in candidates who are comfortable with ambiguity, and searching for innovative solutions. The book isn't entirely written for AR, and there are new chapters that need to be written. Responsibilities
- Build prototype software for Magic Leap 2 that shows the capabilities and the value of the platform.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the ecosystem and commercial teams to establish prototype requirements and deliverables
- Document project code so that it can be repurposed for us as samples for the developer community
- Prove out new and experimental hardware and platform features
- Maintain prototypes to keep them functional as new releases of ML OS and SDKs become available
- Work with QA to resolve bugs as needed
- Flexibility to work outside your job scope, work as a team and support fellow teammates.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Understand the Magic Leap software development platform, including being able to reproduce platform issues, and help solve them together with internal support teams.
- 2 to 5+ years of app development experience using real-time 3D game engines (ideally Unity and/or UE) with 1-2+ years doing immersive (AR / VR / MR) development. Wearable AR experience a bonus.
- Excellent problem solving/debugging skills and the ability to clearly document solutions for public distribution to the broader development community
- Fundamental understanding of established UX patterns
- Comfortable working with 3D assets, linear media, and their respective production pipelines
- Experience optimizing performance of 3D applications on mobile, and console gaming platforms
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across Hardware, Software, Product, Legal, Business Development.
- Excellent proactive communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in working with JIRA Project Tracking is a plus
- Highly collaborative and able to embrace ambiguity and experimental approach
- The inclination to improve one’s skill set through training, personal development, and self-learning
- At ease setting projects aside, beginning new ones, or resuming dormant efforts as needed
- An understanding or knowledge of key technical concepts unique to XR
- Bachelor's degree is preferred or equivalent work-experience in related field (technology, interactive entertainment, VR/AR, enterprise application development)
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.