Samsung Research America is hiring a
Software Engineer, Front-End
The Think Tank Team is an interdisciplinary collective of researchers, designers, scientists, and engineers located in Mountain View, CA, and representing a diverse skill set including electrical engineering, computer engineering, signal processing, machine learning, computer vision, visual design, interaction design, industrial design, optics, physics, and more. We work and play as we create Samsung’s future products, encompassing a unique mix of research with a diverse and dynamic approach to early product development. As a team, we have a strong track-record of driving concepts to production, we work on a wide variety of time scales, advancing science to working technology, developing new or improved product designs, and creating new experiences.
We believe that design and creativity are the core duties of every member of our team. We are creating products that will impact the lives of how millions do what they do, but better. If you want to create and build new devices and technologies, can learn on the fly, delve deep into solving complex problems as you work closely with others, and creatively approach design and engineering tasks at all scales, then we invite you to apply.
See some of our work at http://thinktankteam.info/
As a software engineer you will create new experiences and technologies, learn on the fly, solve complex problems, work closely with others, and creatively approach design and engineering tasks at all scales. You will propose projects to develop new technologies and/or user experiences that address real-life problems, informed by a combination of your own expertise, that of other team members, and enabled by emerging software or hardware; and stay current with research developments in your field, keeping yourself and your colleagues intellectually stimulated at the frontiers of the art.
- Architect and implement high quality code from proof-of-concept prototypes to MVPs (Minimal Viable Product) that people can use
- Solve tough engineering problems in unexplored/unconstrained domains such as new services, robotics, AR/VR, health, advancing imaging, etc.
- Maintain awareness of new toolkits, libraries, data sets, APIs, web services as they emerge
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and designers to integrate cutting-edge functionality into novel prototypes for new product concepts, core-technologies that will bring new business opportunities to Samsung
- Contribute to the generation of patentable ideas
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience leading project teams, managing and overseeing the work of others, while actively participating in the execution of tasks
- Experience developing applications deployed on multiple platforms: Desktop, mobile, web and cloud
- Expertise creating user interfaces using React/Redux, Angular, Android, Qt, etc.
- Exposure to UI component libraries such as MUI, Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS, Ant Design, etc.
- Design and implementation of communication APIs using REST, WebSocket, and TCP/UDP
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma, and experience transforming such designs to functional applications
- Experience in Android development: Java/Kotlin
- Back-end frameworks exposure: NodeJS, Flask, or similar.
- Architecture and/or implementation of cloud services using AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with Unity or Unreal, and UI Libraries such as Unity UI Toolkit/Unreal UMG
If this is something you would love to do, let us know.
Show us what you have built and tell us what you would like to build next!
Can’t find the right fit? We believe a person’s work speaks for itself, and we welcome applications from everyone with the right drive, attitude, and skill competencies. If you have equivalent technical skills and believe you fit these job requirements but do not meet all of them, we would still like to hear from you. Please send a cover letter describing your particular situation and tell us more about you here: https://thinktankteam.info/public/let-me-know-about-my-perfect-opportunity/
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.