Posted Nov 17
Transfr is hiring a
Sr Backend Engineer, Platform
New York, NY
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today. This is an exciting time!
Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction. We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
As a Senior Platform Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the backend infrastructure and services used throughout Transfr, which range from endpoints leveraged by our VR training simulations to analytics required for our learning intelligence and customer service teams. Additionally, you will collaborate with product managers, VR developers and other stakeholders to implement these services.
This - and every - role at Transfr asks you to embody our 7 cultural values (radical responsibility, teamwork, creativity, win-win mindset, personal growth, empathy, and humility).
This position can be 100% remote or work with our team from our headquarters in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
- Design and develop high-performance, scalable, and reliable backend services for our VR platform, utilizing best practices in software development and architectural design.
- Optimize and support the existing platform pipeline used for capturing events from production released simulations. This pipeline is used for mining events and calculating scores for a trainees' VR experiences.
- Collaborate with the VR team to define data contracts and events schema for a revised version of said pipeline.
- Support both QA and VR developers with back-end issues found during the development and release phases
- Work with the product manager to define and implement features that align with business requirements and user needs.
- Ensure code quality, security, and performance of the backend platform services through code reviews, testing, and optimization techniques.
- Troubleshoot and resolve backend issues, including performance bottlenecks, data integrity, and system failures, in a timely manner, working closely with relevant teams and stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship, and guidance to junior engineers, promoting best practices, coding standards, and continuous improvement in backend engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and maintaining large-scale backend systems and services
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Python, or Go
- Strong background in designing and building high-throughput low-latency distributed systems
- Proven experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience with using Python as a server-side language
- Knowledge of relational database technologies, such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Proficiency in using AWS services such as Fargate, Lambda, S3, Kinesis, SQS and RDS
- Experience with using Docker for development
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to work in an agile environment and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What We Offer:
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $140K - $160K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at https://transfrinc.com/
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.