Niantic is hiring a
Sr. Manager, User Acquisition
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is looking for a skilled Senior Manager, User Acquisition to help scale the existing and next generation of products. This person will work closely with cross-functional internal teams ranging from Product Marketing, Direct Marketing, Data Science, and executive leadership; working with various external vendors and agencies to scale and grow Niantic's expanding portfolio of mobile titles. This individual will also lead, mentor, and manage the user acquisition team.
Other responsibilities include crafting reporting for internal and external partners, owning the creative process, App Store Optimization, and working with external IP holders. This cross-functional role is crucial to ensuring successful Niantic product launches and to scale users across the portfolio.
- Lead and optimize global mobile performance marketing through omnichannel ad partners including Facebook, Google, Apple and 3rd party ad networks.
- Work with cross functional and agency partners to define goals, build strategies, and lead paid acquisition channels including SEM, paid social, programmatic, online video, and affiliates.
- Develop and oversee the deployment of an annual performance marketing budget by title, including media planning, new partner activation, collaboration with external IP holders on cross-marketing opportunities, etc.
- Manage, mentor, and grow a team of skilled user acquisition specialists.
- Build process and establish acquisition standard methodologies to establish Niantic as a leader in performance marketing within the gaming industry, including refinements to iOS SKAN development and the ongoing ad measurement throttling within the mobile advertising ecosystem
- Drive A/B testing and optimization of paid campaigns through levers such as creative, audience, network, device and placement.
- Analyze results and provide performance insights for key partners including Niantic executives and third party IP partners.
- Required in-office 2 days on Wednesday and Thursday.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a performance mobile media buying position on major advertising platforms such as Google, Facebook and Apple.
- Understanding of the mobile digital marketing space including various media buying strategies and options (CPM, CPC, CPI, CPE).
- Expert level knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc) - needs to feel comfortable in a spreadsheet with large data sets.
- Familiarity with using large business intelligence platforms (i.e. Looker, Periscope, Tableau).
- Authority on ad attribution and tracking with mobile measurement partners (i.e. Adjust, Appsflyer, Kochava).
- Blend of creativity and analytical approach to problem solving along with outstanding verbal, written communication skills and an attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic position in the market.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Worked with a Facebook Marketing Partner in the past (Nanigans, Smartly, etc).
- Knowledge of SQL, Big Query, and/or Looker (or similar data analytics platforms).
- Have worked at a startup or a role where you have worn multiple hats, ideally in mobile gaming.
- Passion for Niantic games.
- Experience using gen AI to improve workflows and output.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $159,000 - $186,000+ bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.