Posted Aug 3
Transfr is hiring a
Sr Unity Engineer, Tools Development
NEW YORK, NY
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
We are seeking a talented Senior Unity Developer with experience in creating VR simulations to join our team. The primary responsibility of this role will be to develop a Run Time Editor that allows users to create and modify VR simulations in real-time. The successful candidate will work closely with our team of designers, artists, and engineers to deliver immersive VR simulations that meet our client's needs.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. The role can operate 100% remote, or work with our team from our office in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
If you are passionate about VR and want to join a dynamic team working on cutting-edge projects, we encourage you to apply!
- Develop a Run Time Editor using Unity that allows users to create and modify VR simulations in real-time.
- Collaborate with the team to identify and prioritize features and requirements for the editor.
- Ensure the editor is easy to use, intuitive and delivers a seamless user experience.
- Optimize code and assets for performance and scalability.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Stay up to date with the latest VR technologies and techniques to enhance the VR simulation experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience developing applications using Unity.
- 3+ years of experience in VR development, with a focus on simulations.
- Proven experience in developing custom tools and editors for Unity.
- Strong understanding of C# programming and Unity's API.
- Experience working with Digital Asset Management system
- Experience in optimizing VR applications for performance and scalability.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies is a plus.
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $120K and $150K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.