Posted Aug 3
Transfr is hiring a
Sr Unity Engineer, VR
NEW YORK, NY
Transfr provides engaging, gamified training that creates a better way to train young adults for the skills they need to succeed, without enduring the time and cost of a 4 year college degree.
We produce VR-based training simulations designed by each industry that teaches novices in the same manner that experts master their crafts - through trial and error. Data-driven simulations work like virtual coaches, adapting to every person’s unique pace. Our immersive Experience Training method helps trainees build confidence in their knowledge and abilities, thus helping acquire the skills required to secure top paying jobs.
Transfr, a leader in the virtual reality educational and training software industry, is currently seeking a Sr Unity Engineer who can help ensure that our VR simulations are built to satisfy customer requirements, provide a truly immersive and realistic VR experience, exhibit good performance and reflect the best engineering practices in the industry. In this critical role, you will collaborate on cross-functional projects across multiple teams, and have fun identifying and solving complex problems.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits. The role can operate 100% remote, or work with our team from our office in NYC on a flexible, hybrid schedule.
If you are passionate about VR and want to join a dynamic team working on cutting-edge projects, we encourage you to apply!
- Designing and building training simulation that will help consumers gain life changing skills
- Collaborate with cross functional team and discuss simulation ideas and features
- Identify risks during simulation development and communicate potential solutions to your team
- Proactive involvement in creating top-notch quality code
- Properly identify reusable components and promote them within our SDK
- Identify and fix errors and performance issues within the simulation
- Test your simulation code
- Provide automated test for your simulation to save on countless hours of regression testing
- Collaborate with the architecture team to discuss new features and changes to the core SDK
- Comfortable with being the main contributor on a project
- Stay in touch with the evolving VR/AR standards and best practices
- Building and improving tools that make simulation development as easy and intuitive as possible.
- Bachelor's degree in CS (or related)
- Unity expertise with published games or products
- Prior gameplay engineering or simulation development is a must
- Proven experience working with teams, and great communication skills are a must
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- 5+ years combined programming experience
- 3+ years experience developing with C# in Unity
- Mobile Development
- VR experience is strongly preferred
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Experience with Agile, Jira and Confluence
- Git workflows
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $120K and $150K, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role will be eligible for additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
We invite you to join us. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-Verify committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
**Must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction**
Learn more at transfrinc.com
Apply for this job
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.