Samsung Research America is hiring a
Staff Engineer, Full Stack
At North America Bixby Lab, we build core technologies and systems powering Bixby, a next-generation virtual personal assistant, brought to you by the team that created Siri. Bixby provides a truly open platform that lets any developer extend its knowledge and capabilities.
Full-stack (frontend-focused) engineering position for Bixby Studio, an integrated development environment for Bixby built using Electron and web technologies, and Node.JS-based microservice infrastructure running on AWS / GCP / Kubernetes.
Do you want to join a team that is at the cutting edge of virtual personal assistant technologies? Do you enjoy building tools that can unlock people’s creativity and help them build something cool and super useful? Then why not apply? We are looking for people just like you! You will help us build Bixby Developer Studio, an award-winning IDE, built using Electron and web technologies, to provide a completely integrated development environment for Bixby capsules.
If server applications are your thing, you may also help us build and scale our Node.JS-based microservice infrastructure running on AWS / GCP / Kubernetes. These services are mission-critical systems that serve hundreds of millions of users. They are used by our AI consumer apps, the Bixby Developer Center and Marketplace, as well as several internal apps.
- Implement new features for Bixby Studio to make it easy to create high-quality capsules with great user experience
- Optimize Bixby Studio to provide smooth and efficient developer experience even with very complex capsules
- Implement new designs and components for Bixby View, a UI framework that works across various Bixby devices (mobile, TV, watch, etc.)
- Implement new features for Bixby Developer Center and Marketplace to make it simple to publish capsules and collaborate with developers
- Improve reliability and performance of our continuous delivery and automated testing infrastructure to enable the streamlined release of innovative AI features
- Bachelor of Science/Master's in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 6+ years minimum of relevant experience
- You are excited about our vision and want to collaborate with our team to build the next generation AI platform
- You enjoy writing elegant, maintainable, and readable code
- You believe that technical design and code reviews are critical parts of the software development process
- You don’t need to be convinced that Continuous Delivery is the only way to ship software
- Experience with React, Redux, and Webpack
- Experience with Node.JS and its ecosystem
- Experience writing unit, integration, and functional tests, specifically for web services
- Experience designing and building web services
- Having published your own npm modules, or contributed back to a well-known open source project, is a plus
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.