Samsung Research America is hiring a
Staff Engineer I, Machine Learning (402239)
Title: Staff Engineer I, Machine Learning (402239)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: MPS lab Bixby
Location: 665 Clyde Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94043
**No immigration visa sponsorship is available for this position**
Leverage biotechnology knowledge to analyze users’ needs and design, test, and develop software solutions to meet those needs. Recommend software upgrades for Samsung customers’ existing programs and applications. Facilitate the integration of artificial intelligence (“AI”) system and software into the company’s existing production environment and help in architecting our Machine Learning Model Operationalization Management (“MLOps”) environment. Work with existing SRA CI/CD team to streamline the MLOps processes. Manage the machine learning automation processes for continuous ML modeling. Establish pipelines for continuous user evaluation and monitoring processes. Work with SRA’s release engineering team to establish proper model release process. 10% domestic and international travel required.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, or a related field; and 3 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in job offered or any engineering/data science related job titles.
- Requires 3 years of experience in the following:
- (1) Deep learning including Train models with Large Language Models.
- (2) Machine Learning environments: Jupyter Notebooks, scikit-learn, Pytorch, and Tensorflow.
- (3) Understanding and writing research papers on AI.
- (4) Distributed computing including Spark.
- (5) Statistical analysis using R.
- (6) ML pipeline automation: Kubeflow and mlflow.
- (7) Environment: Python, Unix, and windows.
- (8) Cloud computing with AWS, GCP, EC2, and EMR.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email email@example.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.
Know Your Rights | Pay Transparency
Please mention that you found the job on ARVR OK. Thanks.